Wolf GmbH offers a wide range of products in the area of joint-sealing technology, consisting of reusable p-joint-sealing cushions modified as necessary with additional components to prevent the propagation of fire and smoke, diverse surface protection foils, sealing compounds and more.
The basic element in this type of joint-sealing technology is a sealing cushion made up of a five-layered aluminium and plastic laminate, inflated with compressed air via one or two welded-on, plastic-coated metal tyre valves. The sealing cushions are completely coated on both sides with sealing tape (in the form of swelling material or cellular rubber).
Reusable p-joint-sealing technology fulfils following extremely high requirements:
Fibre Optics Ct GmbH testing principles PG-FMPB 1-2 for sealing movement joints DIN 18195-8
Building requirements as laid down in VO 60/06
Principles of planning and installation for sealing against fire, the passage of water or impact by falling stones, VO 60.01.
Advantages of p-joint-sealing technology
Provided the manufacturer's instructions regarding storage and installation are strictly adhered to, p-joint-sealing technology has the following advantages:
- Quick, simple removal (the cushion does not adhere to surrounding components)
- The joint-sealing cushions are reusable. (The air in the joint-sealing cushions can be topped up or the cushion can be removed in the course of routine inspections or repair work.)
- Due to the closed compressed-air system, the system adapts durably and optimally to joint movement and joint width (for example from summer to winter, or where there is fluctuation in road traffic).
- After inflation, the joint-sealing element is ready for operation immediately.
- The cellular rubber version can be installed in damp or wet weather conditions, or in standing water.
- The working area remains clean.
- No injection drilling is required. This means that chipping damage to the surface of the joint cavity is avoided.
- Joint-sealing cushions can be supplied in a standard or modified form, depending on the intended application:
- Type L (cushion width 135 mm) for joint widths up to 6 cm
- Type S (cushion width 285 mm) for joint widths up to 13 cm
- Joint-sealing cushions for ring-shaped spaces
- Joint-sealing cushions for expansion and movement joints in bridges, tunnels and buildings.
- Joint-sealing cushions for bridge supports, supporting structures or slatted structures
- Joint-sealing cushions with 2 valves, used in conjunction with a pressure equalising
system and/or a pressure-monitoring alarm system (currently in development, see below)
- Fire-resistant sealing cushions for bridge supports, supporting structures or slatted structures
- Sealing cushion plus injection microtube for additional spray-sealing or gelling of hairline cracks